EG's Folding Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EG's Folding Forum

Forum for discussing Folding at Home. And a place to seek help with the same.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Friend's Rig cannot connect to CPU/SMP x86 clients

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mrinfinit3

Friend's Rig cannot connect to CPU/SMP x86 clients Empty
PostSubject: Friend's Rig cannot connect to CPU/SMP x86 clients   Friend's Rig cannot connect to CPU/SMP x86 clients EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 5:49 am

Like the title says....

I believe it to be a network or firewall issue....
He wants to run the cpu client 24/7 on his dual core/4 thread torrent box which has a crazy firewall and AV.
Which ports does the cpu client use?
Better yet.. can anyone explain "how" exactly the client connects?
I'll ask him to send me over his Log File to see if we can't figure this out....
Back to top Go down
http://www.socomcomputers.com
ExtremeGrandpa
Admin

Friend's Rig cannot connect to CPU/SMP x86 clients Empty
PostSubject: Re: Friend's Rig cannot connect to CPU/SMP x86 clients   Friend's Rig cannot connect to CPU/SMP x86 clients EmptyWed Jun 09, 2010 6:37 am

Yea do that and find out which SMP client hes running. It needs to be the 6.29 beta client, and there are two versions the DEINO MPI and the MPICH client. But when doing setup it asks you if you want to use a proxy and such things.

I have some wicked security myself and have never had it try and block my folding. It could be a security issue with UAC if hes using vista. Vistas the hardest OS to get it installed in.

Also he needs to learn about flags or switches if you prefer. The SMP clients are controlled via line code and you have to include certain flags to get it to do certain things.

Any questions just ask or you can always throw him onto the phone with me. Goes much faster that way many time. Just let me know jake.

EG
Back to top Go down
http://foldingforthefuture.forumjonction.com

Friend's Rig cannot connect to CPU/SMP x86 clients
Page 1 of 1